"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. " --- John 8:10

Sunday, October 5, 2014

They Got Baptized!

They got baptized! The service went through, President and Elder J made it out, and it was all great! My participation: Talk on Enduring to the End (parabled the Jaredites and barges story from Ether 6. Entering water = baptism, shiny rocks = holy ghost, the journey = ETTE + expounding, focused on how even though the journey literally had it's ups and downs, the result of the Jaredites sticking it out was verse 12

"And they did land upon the shore of the promised land. And when they had set their feet upon the shores of the promised land they bowed themselves down upon the face of the land, and did humble themselves before the Lord, and did shed tears of joy before the Lord, because of the multitude of his tender mercies over them." 
Actually some of my better work), baptizedconfirmed, and gave the Priesthood to Brother ______, and confirmed Sister _____. Also bought Outback (200$, cleared out most, but not all of my MSF money). 








They speak Mandarin plus a local language a piece.  Also, I forgot to answer this for Dad, but they are originally from... I'm not great with Chinese names. He's from the central part of China and She's from the South Eastern part, but they met in Shanghai, which is where they lived as a couple during school.



They loved the gift and note by the way. Said to say thanks.

Oh wait, I just checked my account and Outback only billed me about $18. There must have been some sort of bug, but now I'm still rich! Baptism miracle!!! 
o( ^o^)o



I eat good, but I eat smart. Try to stick to the house where I can, lots of spaghetti (Ramen was killing me), that sort of thing. Lately though my spending has gone up because we are teaching so much (We have like 14 actual investigators now and 5 of them are progressing, not including the Chinese couple. It's great!) that we rarely have time to make it back to the house.



I don't tell you this to brag, but just to give you something to celebrate, but we're consistantly leading the Zone in stats every week. Such a nice change of pace from jundo every day! Feels like actual missionary work.



Yeah, don't stress the package thing. I love getting packages, but there is a rather sizeable chunk of me that smarts almost as bad as your face when I see the price tag on the postage.

Love you tons, and make Tyler's birthday the best for me.

Elder Whitlock