"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. " --- John 8:10

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Moving On




[What’s made a difference in the missionary work?] I don't know. A combination of things I guess. Getting better at Korean, jundoing to catch the right kind of people, being myself, but still changing the jundo every time, Elder Boyack...the tricky thing about missionary work is that there are way too many factors going to be able to experiment and see clear results. Makes it tricky to find what works and what doesn't.




This week it was tricky to meet people because we had a holiday and General Conference. Not too much to report. One guy read the first 15 pages of the  Book of Mormon  and had actual, real questions about it.  [The Chinese couple is] planning on going for [temple] baptisms soon and, of course, getting sealed and what not once their year is up.  

Conference was good! Wanted to cry when Elder Holland was speaking.... I'm now on the hunt for a huggable hobo. 



Things got a little interesting with transfers though.  I'll head into Seoul tomorrow night and then to Dongducheon the next morning. Dongducheon is an English branch at a huge US military base. It's all I could have wanted from an area, but I'm not going to be  in any sort of missionary leadership there. Upon learning of my transfer Sister Seo exclaimed, "Have they cast you aside already, Elder Whitlock?" which seems like a fairly valid question....




It's kind of frustrating how old I feel as a missionary but how young I am compared to all of my friends. They'll already be gone having lives when I get back there. 

Anyway, glad Dad is back in public and that you had such a great week! 

Love you!

Elder Whitlock