"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. " --- John 8:10

Monday, September 22, 2014

Good Missionary Work Week


Sounds like a good service [Ogden Utah Temple Rededication].

I forgot to answer this question, but we had two transfers. Elder K (Elder S's companion and one of my good friends) got moved into the office and was replaced by Elder B who I also really like. Funny guy, has a way with words, enjoys Korra, that kind of thing. Also Sister L moved to Jangwi (the gotham of the mission, right next to and in the same Zone as Gireum) and was replaced by Sister M, an art major from Provo.



Last week we went on a hike on Monday with our ward mission leader....The next day was temple day, so I did that and then grabbed some "On the Border" Mexican food. I think the premise is "Outback from Tijuana," but it wasn't as good. I had been craving some Mexican food, but 40$ later it didn't measure up to either Outback or Cafe Rio. Right after we skipped P-day, viewing Monday as our play time, and came home to jundo. 

It was a good missionary work week. Picked up a couple new people, one of which is Chinese and might have some potential. Besides the Chinese investigators, we have one other investigator on date and we got to see him again on Saturday night. We agreed to meet at 7, came, waited, called, texted, waited, and then left to jundo again, but at 7:50 I get this text in English that says "yes sorry," and then another that says "fastly willgo" so we return and meet him at 8:15 or so. Good lesson, he reminds me a lot of Brevin. He commited to come to church the next day, but said that waking up could be hard, so we were supposed to give him a wake up call. Sunday morning at 9:00 I give him like 4 calls and he doesn't take any of them. Misses church. Turns out his phone battery died in the night, which I only believe because of how ridiculous Saturday night was.

Most valuable thing I learned from the Koreans...I've learned a lot by viewing both the weak and strong points of Korean society. The biggest thing though might be the importance of Family. Most of my life I've been surrounded by pretty good examples of pretty good families, but out here...a lot of families are torn apart by society. They are hardworking, but they work too hard. So hard that there isn't enough time for the things that matter most.

I'm going through the Pauline Epistles with the study guide lately. Fun stuff. The guide was written back in the seventies, so there are all kinds of references to the evils of communism and nuclear war and whatnot. But most of the time I end up training my district using the Old Testament. More stories that they aren't in, which gives me some room to find applications they haven't thought of before. Like this week will be something about finding pressure balances in teaching using the Esther story.

Today should be fun. We are going for a bike ride along the river.

Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Whitlock