"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. " --- John 8:10

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cherry Blossoms and Zombie Apoclaypse

Seoul [is] a fun place to live as a missionary. 








This [is a] riverside road I walk almost every day. It is a 10 minute walk from the apartment.


The cherry blossoms at night were too visually impressive to not snap a picture.
  

Random Grandma's line dancing under the the bridge along the same road as the cherry blossoms. Does anyone need to know more?

This week I visited a part of town on the extreme fringe of my area. Got off the train and was all, "Good Night!" There was nothing there. Like nothing. It looked like the Zombie Apocalypse had broken out while I was on the train. In one hour of walking we talked to two human beings.  It was more dead than a Walker.




Also, got a bunch of weights from my last companion from Dongducheon in the mail. Tried out the benchpress on a couple boxes of Book of Mormons and on the third rep hurt my tricep, so hopefully I heal up soon. Stretching. Still do it.

Tried dog soup last week for the first time. The service at the restaurant was a joke, but the dog wasn't that bad. We didn't get enough to get us full, so we got some Korean style fried chicken, which I passionately believe to be the most delicious chicken in the world with the potential exception of Outback's Alice Springs Chicken.

General Conference was totally sweet. Favorite talk far and away was Elder Ringwood's (Truly Good and without Guile) but I was getting my mind blown from the get-go through the finale. Decided to never go climbing while listening to Elder Holland's talkDid you have a favorite one? If I listened right to all of those, I need to get married or something.

If you want to feel my love you might need to save your tastebuds for the next time Conference rolls around, because I'm totally making crepes.
  




Love you! 



Elder Whitlock