"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. " --- John 8:10

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Best of the Best

Chinese investigators are doing great. I'm confident he's going to be a big leader in China. Their faith is incredible. We are still waiting to find out if they can stay in Korea and get baptized or not. His wife also has the gift of prophecy. Transfer calls were this weekend (I'm staying, still the district leader working with someone I've never met named Elder B) and in the prayer she said something to the effect of "Heavenly Father, we know that Elder J will leave..." and sure enough later that night... in the same prayer she said that the best thing that happened to them since they got to Korea was to learn about the gospel.

So like I said. First an opening mission president in Shanghai, then an area 70 over China.

Z, Me, Elder J, and J. The best of the best.


I do get to workout. I do a lot of strength oriented exercise because I still hate running.  I finally bought a weight a couple weeks ago and I'm already seeing improvement.  I'm usually sore.  Also, every night (when I'm not doing district leader stuff,...) we do an ab workout from Insanity or P90x.  I can handle Ab Ripper and Cardio Abs ok, but Insane Abs kicks my butt.


Summer gets pretty hot. We have air conditioning in our house, so that is nice, but outside I'm always sweating. It is humid, but we are getting close to the rainy season, so the humidity should go way up. 
My opinion [about rain] has changed during my mission but lately I love it. If we must be wet, and it is hot enough that that is the case, then it may as well be water. The hottest part of the year is the next two months.

Love you too,
Elder Whitlock