"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. " --- John 8:10

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Without Limits


I used to think that charity meant giving without expecting to receive. Now I realize that it goes past that. It includes giving without expecting your gift to be received. Love. Give.

-----------

Some kid is rocking out to Daughtry this week...and so am I. I'll repent later.

This week was the first baptism that's happened in a district I've served in since the start of my mission. Huzzah! The zone leaders put one of the old men that they were working with under the water.

That's about all that's happening with me. We are still dramatically renovating English class. I've spent a lot of the last couple weeks convincing small buisness owners to let us advertize in their companies for free.

I'll skip all of the boring stuff and give a spiritual thought.

I had two days the past week where all the rejection that we got on the street got to me. It was worse than usual. Almost every single person that I talked to gave me the hand from the start of "hello".

Fastforward a few days and I'm in personal study reading Alma 36: 5 (ballpark) where Alma talks about how he was visited by the angel "not of any worthiness of himself." I realized that the people of Korea don't deserve or want my help. But then again, that isn't what the gospel is about. None of us got it because we deserved it. We got it because Christ gave it to us anyway. I used to think that charity meant giving without expecting to receive. Now I realize that it goes past that. It includes giving without expecting your gift to be received. Love. Give.

Got to go.
Elder Whitlock



Some pictures...

Elder Whitlock with Elder T on exchange. Jundo approach at the ramp leading to Korea University. 


Elder Whitlock and Elder T watching Elder H do his belly dancing.  What was that President Uchtdorf said about  Judging?
with the District, minus the Zone Leaders, at the Temple


with District Sisters

with Elder P

The District at the last transfer