"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. " --- John 8:10

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Holidays and Special Dates


I'm seeing the pictures [of your Thanksgiving] and [my brothers] are a bunch of motjangies! (stylish guys...but it sounds ok in Korean). 

My Thanksgiving week wasn't bad either. We ate well. Had Thanksgiving at the West Casey Chapel with the branch, some investigators, and the zone. I like our zone. I helped make the pies(for 200)the night before. 




We also had a Thanksgiving with the orphanage at the Pihl's house this week.  We are not allowed to talk to them about the gospel. Mostly just teach a little English message and play Bang! with them. We're more there to be their friends than anything else.

Thanksgiving with the orphanage.


We got punked more than 15 times [this week], but we had 4 people come to church (which one-ups Kylie, who is in South America. What up?!). 

We also had a goodbye bang! party for Sister Th and welcomed in Sister E, who is the daughter of a guy from the 70. I asked her if she preferred Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter and she said, "What? In a 'who wins in a fight between Gandalf, Dumbledore, and Yoda?' kind of way?" and won a lot of points with me. The answer by the way, is that Yoda loses. Gandalf and Dumbledore... double-team him, though if I had to choose one I would probably bet on Dumbledore.

Man, I've been Christmas trunky for a while. What are you guys going to do for Christmas? 

As a bonus. I remember you mentioning a Christmas package. I'm actually ok with you not sending me anything, because it costs a ridiculous amount of moolah and I don't want to put that burden on you guys. So greatest preference? I'm fine. Don't send anything. But if send something you must, whatever you do, don't send it through the regular way. I've got some friends on the base and shipping is like 5 bucks, and it's way faster.

And, bonus [#2], I'm talking to President about when I go home. My choices are May 15th or June 29th. [I'm]leaning pretty heavily to the May side. Just don't really feel like the mission would miss a step without me, and even though I'm fine, I have to admit that I'm pretty excited to come home. Plus bonus time with Tyler before he goes!  So, I'm leaning pretty hard to May, but I would love your input as well. What would you do and what do you want me to do?


Love you,

Elder Whitlock