"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. " --- John 8:10

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Here, But Not for Long



[To celebrate Chuseok, we] had a big conference and a zone training meeting and a district leader council.  The district isn't doing as hot as I would like, but we're still the top scorer in the zone (because the stats mean everything, right?).  _______ says he wants to be baptized in December, but we all know what that means. Chinese investigators are good. ... not baptized and still covenantless, but otherwise alright. We got another guy named _______ on date for October 18th. 

When we set up appointments with people and they don't come we say that "they punked us" or "we got punked". So, my district was completely unaware that transfers were the day they were and we didn't go. So [last week] we punked transfers. In [my area] there is sort of a five transfer rule, or so it would seem. This is my fifth, so I think I'm out after this last transfer.

Korean...I'm pretty comfortable. I can say what I want to say and understand most everything that pertains to missionary work. There's more to learn, but I've got what I need.

Sorry to disappoint, but we went on a one hour hike (not looking super fally yet, but I did spot some leaves falling on the hike today) with a member that turned into a six hour hike. 






.... So. I'm here, but have to catch a train in an hour, so I won't be here for long.  We've actually been in and out of Seoul for basically the last week straight and are heading back tonight for temple day.   Then I'm going in again to pick up my companion from an exchange with the ZLs this Thursday.

I'm starting to look down in the most prideful and hypocritical way on ambition.

By the way, check out what I got in the greatest birthday box ever!






I was positively giddy with joy by the way. Loved it all!  I guess you guys know what I like. Poured through the books, especially our trip book, threw on the pjs first chance I got, am wearing the Point shirt right now, scarfed the no bakes...all of it was the best. Thanks so much for everything guys. I really loved everything.  Thanks so much!

And I love you too. Best of weeks.

Elder Whitlock